Faculty Awards and Accomplishments
Read below for a sampling of awards and honors earned by NYU faculty in 2020-2021.
Fred Moten, Professor of Performance Studies at Tisch School of the Arts, was named a 2020 MacArthur Fellow by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
Three faculty members were named 2020 Fellows of the Econometric Society:
- Christopher Flinn, Professor of Economics, FAS
- Alfred Galichon, Professor of Economics, FAS and Professor of Mathematics, Courant
- Thomas Philippon, Max L. Heine Professor of Finance, Stern School of Business.
Two faculty members have been named 2020 Pew Scholars and will receive four years of funding to invest in foundational research:
- Carlos Carmona-Fontaine, Assistant Professor of Biology, FAS
- Gilad Evrony, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and of Neuroscience and Physiology, Grossman School of Medicine
Two faculty members have been named Woodrow Wilson Fellows by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation:
- Kwami Coleman, Assistant Professor in Musicology, Gallatin School of Individualized Study
- Elizabeth Ellis, Assistant Professor of History, FAS